Place:


Iver Heath  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Iver Heath like this:

IVER-HEATH, a chapelry in Iver parish, Bucks; 2¾ miles WSW of Uxbridge town and r. station. It was constituted in 1862; and it has a post office under Uxbridge. Pop., about 600. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100.*-Patron,Meeking, Esq. The church was built in 1862, at a cost of £2, 400; and is in the decorated English style. There is an infant school.

Additional information about this locality is available for Iver

Iver Heath through time

Iver Heath is now part of South Bucks district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Bucks has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Iver Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Iver Heath, in South Bucks and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23785

Date accessed: 30th March 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Iver Heath ".