Place:


Stratford Marsh  Essex

 

In 1887, John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Stratford Marsh like this:

Stratford Marsh, eccl. dist., West Ham par., Essex, in town of Stratford, pop. 9710.

The location is that of the former Christ Church, Stratford Marsh. The name "Stratford Marsh" appears on the modern 1:25,000 map about half a mile to the north-west. Additional information about this locality is available for Stratford

Stratford Marsh through time

Stratford Marsh is now part of Newham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Newham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stratford Marsh itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stratford Marsh, in Newham and Essex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23760

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stratford Marsh ".