Place:


Grafham  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grafham like this:

GRAFFHAM, a chapelry in Dunsfold parish, Surrey; 2 miles SE of Godalming town and r. station. It was constituted in 1863; and its post town is Godalming. Property and pop. statistics have not been returned. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £500.* Patron, H. Woodyer, Esq. The church was built in 1864; and is in the early English style.

Grafham through time

Grafham is now part of Waverley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waverley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grafham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grafham, in Waverley and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23751

Date accessed: 28th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grafham ".