Place:


Bow Common  Middlesex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bow Common like this:

BOW-COMMON, a chapelry in the parishes of Limehouse, Stepney, Bromley-St. Leonard, and All-SaintsPoplar, Middlesex; on the Blackwall Extension railway, within Tower Hamlets borough, in the eastern suburbs of London, 3 miles E by N of St Pauls. It was constituted in 1858. Pop., 2,077. Houses, 272. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London. Value, £150.* Patron, the Rev. A. B. Cotton.

Bow Common through time

Bow Common is now part of Tower Hamlets district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tower Hamlets has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bow Common itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bow Common, in Tower Hamlets and Middlesex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23660

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bow Common ".