Place:


Shippon  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shippon like this:

SHIPPON, a township-chapelry in Abingdon-St. Helen parish, Berks; 1 mile WNW of Abingdon r. station. Post town, Abingdon. Real property, £2,983. Pop., 211. Houses, 44. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of Oxford.

Additional information about this locality is available for Abingdon

Shippon through time

Shippon is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shippon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shippon, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23591

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shippon ".