Place:


Bearwood  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bearwood like this:

BEARWOOD, a chapelry in Hurst and Wokingham parishes, Berks; 2¼. miles S of Wokingham r. station. It was constituted in 1846; and its Post Town is Wokingham. Pop., 814. Houses, 169. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £180.* Patron, J. Walter, Esq. The church is handsome.

Bearwood through time

Bearwood is now part of Wokingham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wokingham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bearwood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bearwood, in Wokingham and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23580

Date accessed: 19th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bearwood ".