Place:


Edlaston  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Edlaston like this:

EDLASTON-WITH-WYASTON, a parish in Ashborne district, Derby; 2¾ miles S of Ashborne town and r. station. Post town, Ashborne. Acres, 1, 360. Real property, £1, 940. Pop., 207. Houses, 42. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Valne, £212.* Patron, the Bishop of Lichfield. The church is tolerable; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £54.

Edlaston through time

Edlaston is now part of Derbyshire Dales district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derbyshire Dales has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Edlaston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Edlaston in Derbyshire Dales | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2358

Date accessed: 04th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Edlaston ".