Place:


Dolanog  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dolanog like this:

PONT-DOLANOG, a hamlet in Llanfihangel parish, and a chapelry partly also in Llanerfyl, Llanfair-Caereinion, and Llangyniew parishes, Montgomery. The hamlet lies on the river Vyrnwy, 4¾ miles N W of Llanfair, and 7 S W of Llanfyllin r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1856; and its post town is Llanfyllin, under Oswestry-Pop. in 1861, 390. Houses, 74. Pop.of the Llanfihangel portion, 142; of the Llanfair portion, 145; of the Llanerfyl portion, 58. The living is a p.curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £84.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asapn.

Dolanog through time

Dolanog is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dolanog itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dolanog, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23405

Date accessed: 29th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dolanog ".