Place:


Wield  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wield like this:

WIELD, a parish in Alton district, Hants; 6½ miles W of Alton r. station. Post town, Alresford. Acres, 2,087. Real property, £1,857. Pop., 304. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £64. Patron, the Earl of Portsmouth. The church is good; and there is a Primitive Methodist chapel.

Wield through time

Wield is now part of East Hampshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Hampshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wield in East Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2338

Date accessed: 22nd June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wield".