Place:


South Tedworth  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Tedworth like this:

TIDWORTH (South), a parish, with Hampshire-Cross hamlet, in Andover district, Hants; 1 mile SSE of North Tidworth. Post town, Tidworth, under Marlborough. Acres, 2,175. Rated property, £1,785. Pop., 208. Houses, 48. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester-Value, £379.* Patron, F. S. Stanley, Esq. The church is good.

South Tedworth through time

South Tedworth is now part of Kennet district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kennet has changed over two centuries. For statistics about South Tedworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Tedworth, in Kennet and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2335

Date accessed: 13th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "South Tedworth".