Place:


Hoarwithy  Herefordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hoarwithy like this:

HOARWITHY, a village and a chapelry in Hentland parish, Hereford. The village stands 3¾ miles W by S of Fawley r. station, and 5 N W of Ross; and has a postoffice under Ross. The chapelry does not seem to have definite limits; and is annexed to the p. curacy of Hentland, in the diocese of Hereford. It has a church and a Wesleyan chapel.

Hoarwithy through time

Hoarwithy is now part of Herefordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Herefordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hoarwithy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hoarwithy in Herefordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23321

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hoarwithy ".