Place:


Redbrook  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Redbrook like this:

REDBROOK, a chapelry in Newland parish, Gloucester; on the river Wye at the boundary with Monmouthshire, 2¾ miles S E of Monmouth r. station. It consists of the hamlets of Lower Redbrook and Upper Redbrook; and has a post-office, of the name of Redbrook, under Monmouth. Extensive tin-plate works are here; but, a few years ago, were brought to a stand-still. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Newland, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol.

Redbrook through time

Redbrook is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Redbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Redbrook, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23274

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Redbrook ".