Place:


Durley  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Durley like this:

DURLEY, a parish in Droxford district, Hants; near the Gosport Junction and the Bishops-Waltham railways, 3¼ miles W of Bishops-Waltham. It includes the tything of Mincingfield; and its post town is Bishops-Waltham, under Southampton. Acres, 2, 474. Real property, £2, 732. Pop., 411. Houses, 8 4. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £410. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is old but good.

Durley through time

Durley is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Durley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Durley, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2318

Date accessed: 25th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Durley".