Place:


Burnham Overy  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burnham Overy like this:

BURNHAM-OVERY, a parish in Docking district, Norfolk; 1¼ mile NE of Burnham-Westgate r. station, and 5 W of Wells. Post Town, Burnham, under Lynn. Acres, 2,548; of which 250 are water. Real property, £4,479. Pop., 650. Houses, 157. The property is divided among a few. The rivulet Burn goes here into the sea, and forms Burnham harbour; and a grain trade and fisheries are carried on. ...


Limestone is worked, and bricks are made. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Burnham-Sutton, in the diocese of Norwich. The church is old but good; and has a square tower, surmounted by a turret.

Burnham Overy through time

Burnham Overy is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burnham Overy itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burnham Overy in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2313

Date accessed: 04th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burnham Overy ".