Place:


Little Redisham  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Redisham like this:

REDISHAM (Little), a hamlet in Ringsfield parish, Suffolk; 3 miles S S W of Beccles. It formerly was a parish; it still ranks as a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Ringsfield, in the diocese of Norwich; and it retainsruins of its church, and has an Independent chapel. Little Redisham Hall is the seat of J. L. Garden, Esq.

The location is the site of Little Redisham church, near Redisham Hall.

Little Redisham through time

Little Redisham is now part of Waveney district. Click here for graphs and data of how Waveney has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Redisham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Redisham, in Waveney and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23121

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Redisham ".