Place:


Beeston St Lawrence  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beeston St Lawrence like this:

BEESTON-ST. LAWRENCE, a parish in Tunstead district, Norfolk; 3½ miles ENE of Coltishall, and 10½ NE of Norwich r. station. Post Town, Coltishall, under Norwich. Acres, 519. Real property, £1,020. Pop., 50. Houses, 7. The property is divided between two. Beeston Hall is the seat of Sir J. H. Preston, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £200. Patron, Sir J. H. Preston, Bart. The church is good; has a round tower; and contains some handsome monuments of the Prestons. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Beeston St Lawrence through time

Beeston St Lawrence is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beeston St Lawrence itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beeston St Lawrence in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2307

Date accessed: 20th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beeston St Lawrence ".