Place:


Bawsey  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bawsey like this:

BAWSEY, a parish in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; 1½ mile NNW of Middleton r. station, and 3 ENE of King's-Lynn. Post Town, Lynn. Acres, 1,090. Real property, £549. Pop., 32. Houses, 5. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £55. Patron, A. Hammond, Esq. The church is in ruins.

Bawsey through time

Bawsey is now part of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Kings Lynn and West Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bawsey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bawsey in Kings Lynn and West Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2305

Date accessed: 07th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bawsey ".