Place:


Vaynor Glare  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Vaynor Glare like this:

VAYNOR-GLARE, a township in Glascomb parish, Radnor; 9½ miles NW of Hay. Pop., 246. Houses, 50.

The location is that marked as "Vaenor" on modern 1:25,000 maps, just to the west of Glascwm village. A name which might be "Faenor" appears at this location on our First Series one inch map.

Vaynor Glare through time

Vaynor Glare is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Vaynor Glare itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Vaynor Glare, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/23040

Date accessed: 26th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Vaynor Glare ".