Place:


Banningham  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Banningham like this:

BANNINGHAM, a parish in Aylsham district, Nor folk; on a tributary of the river Bure, 2½ miles NE of Aylsham, and 14 N of Norwich r. station. Post Town, Aylsham under Norwich. Acres, 920. Real property, £2,209. Pop., 302. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £446.* Patrons, J. S. Dawber, Esq. and Rev. W. Leeper. The church is old but good. There are a national school, and charities £5.

Banningham through time

Banningham is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Banningham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Banningham in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2302

Date accessed: 24th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Banningham ".