Place:


Lamorbey  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lamorbey like this:

LAMB-ABBEY, or LAMORBEY, a chapelry in Dartford district, Kent; on the Lewisham and Dartford railway, near the river Cray, 2¼ miles WSW of Bexley. Post-town, Bexley, under Bexley Heath, London SE. Pop. not separately returned. The manor belonged to the Lamienbys and the Sparrows. Lamb-Abbey House, rebuilt in 1744, is the seat of J. Malcolm, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £100. Patron, J. Malcolm, Esq.

Lamorbey through time

Lamorbey is now part of Bexley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bexley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lamorbey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lamorbey, in Bexley and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22935

Date accessed: 08th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lamorbey ".