Place:


Kennington  Berkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kennington like this:

KENNINGTON, a township-chapelry in Radley and Sunningwell parishes, Berks; on the Oxford railway and the river Thames, at the boundary with Oxfordshire, 2½ miles S by E of Oxford. Post town, Oxford. Real property, £1, 107. Pop., 138. Houses, 31. Pop. of the Radley portion, 61. Houses, 14. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £93. Patron, All Souls College, Oxford. The church was rebuilt in 1838.

Kennington through time

Kennington is now part of Vale of White Horse district. Click here for graphs and data of how Vale of White Horse has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kennington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kennington, in Vale of White Horse and Berkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22857

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kennington ".