Place:


Woodcote  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodcote like this:

WOODCOTT, a chapelry, with a village, in South Stoke parish, Oxford; on the Chiltern hills, 3¼ miles ENE of Goring r. station, and 5½ SSE of Wallingford. Post town, Wallingford. Real property, £2,367. Pop., not separately returned. The living is annexed to South Stoke. The church was rebuilt in 1845. There is an endowed school with £10 a year.

Woodcote through time

Woodcote is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodcote itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodcote in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22838

Date accessed: 13th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodcote ".