Place:


Plaistow  Sussex

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Plaistow like this:

PLASTOW, or Plaistow, a chapelry in Kird ford parish, Sussex; near the boundary with Surrey, 6 miles S E of Witley r. station, and 6½ N by E of Petworth. Post-town, Kird ford, under Petworth. Pop., 276. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Kird ford, in the diocese of Chichester. The church is modern.

Plaistow through time

Plaistow is now part of Chichester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Chichester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Plaistow itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Plaistow, in Chichester and Sussex | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22822

Date accessed: 21st June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Plaistow".