Place:


Stratton St Michael  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stratton St Michael like this:

STRATTON-ST. MICHAEL, a parish in Depwade district, Norfolk; 1 mile NNE of Long Stratton, and 2½ ENE of Forncett r. station. Post town, Long Stratton. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £2,342. Pop., 251 . Houses, 65. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £388.* Patron, New College, Oxford. The church is ancient. There are two Methodist chapels, a national school, and charities £7.

Stratton St Michael through time

Stratton St Michael is now part of South Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stratton St Michael itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stratton St Michael in South Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2278

Date accessed: 03rd April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stratton St Michael ".