Place:


Stidd  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stidd like this:

STEDE, or Stidd, a chapelry in Ribchester parish, Lancashire; ¾ of a mile N of Ribchester. The statistics are returned with the parish; and the living is annexed to Ribchester rectory. The church is of the time of King Stephen, has been curtailed of much of its quondam proportions, and is seldom used. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, a school connected with it, and alms houses.

Stidd through time

Stidd is now part of Ribble Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ribble Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stidd itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stidd, in Ribble Valley and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22749

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stidd ".