Place:


Chipperfield  Hertfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Chipperfield like this:

CHIPPERFIELD, a hamlet-chapelry in Kings-Langley parish, Herts; near the Grand Junction canal, 2½ miles W of Kings-Langley r. station, and 4¼ N of Rickmansworth. It has a post office under Watford. Pop., 569. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £174. Patrons, Trustees.

Chipperfield through time

Chipperfield is now part of Dacorum district. Click here for graphs and data of how Dacorum has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Chipperfield itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Chipperfield, in Dacorum and Hertfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22736

Date accessed: 28th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Chipperfield ".