Place:


Lydbrook  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lydbrook like this:

LIDBROOK, a village in English-Bicknor parish, Gloucester; on the river Wye, 4½ miles S of Ross. It has a post office under Ross, and a Baptist chapel; and a tramroad, used for the conveyance of coal and timber, goes from it, through Dean forest, to Newnham and Lydney on the Severn.

Lydbrook through time

Lydbrook is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lydbrook itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lydbrook, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22723

Date accessed: 26th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lydbrook ".