Place:


Leeswood  Flintshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leeswood like this:

LEESWOOD, a township in Mold parish, Flint; 2 miles SE of Mold. It contains the hamlets of Llong and Pontblyddyn. Real property, £9,585; of which £5,000 are in mines, and £1,000 in iron-works. Pop. in 1851, 741; in 1861,1,190. Houses, 239. The increase of pop. arose mainly from the opening of new collieries. A seat of the Wynnes was here.

Leeswood through time

Leeswood is now part of Flintshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Flintshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leeswood itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leeswood in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22711

Date accessed: 22nd May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leeswood ".