Place:


Felbridge  Surrey

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Felbridge like this:

FELBRIDGE, a parochial chapelry in Godstone district, Surrey; on a brook of its own name, near the East Grinstead railway, 2 miles NW of East Grinstead. Post town, East Grinstead. Pop., 400. Felbridge Park belonged to the Evelyns, and passed, by marriage, to the Earl of Liverpool. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £100.* Patron, G. Gatty, Esq. The church was built in 1865.

Felbridge through time

Felbridge is now part of Mid Sussex district. Click here for graphs and data of how Mid Sussex has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Felbridge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Felbridge, in Mid Sussex and Surrey | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22692

Date accessed: 10th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Felbridge ".