Place:


Leavenheath  Suffolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leavenheath like this:

LEAVENHEATH, a village in Stoke-by-Nayland parish, and a chapelry partly also in three other parishes, in the S of Suffolk. The village stands 2½ miles NNW of Nayland, and 4¼ NE of Bures r. station. The chapelry originally included only the Stoke portion, but was recently reconstituted. Post town, Nayland, under Colchester. Pop., 520. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ely. Value, £98.* Patron, the Vicar of Stoke. The church is modern. There is a national school.

Leavenheath through time

Leavenheath is now part of Babergh district. Click here for graphs and data of how Babergh has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leavenheath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leavenheath, in Babergh and Suffolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22683

Date accessed: 24th May 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Leavenheath".