Place:


Riddlesworth  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Riddlesworth like this:

RIDDLESWORTH, a parish in Guiltcross district, Norfolk; on the Little Ouse river at the boundary with Suffolk, near the Peddar way, 4½ miles S S W of Harling r. station, and 6 E by S of Thetford. Post-town, Harling, under Thetford. Acres, 1, 157. Real property, £769. Pop., 97. Houses, 21. The manor, with R. Hall, belongs to T. Thornhill, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Gasthorpe, in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £212.* Patron, T. Thornhill, Esq. The church is early English.

Riddlesworth through time

Riddlesworth is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Riddlesworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Riddlesworth, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2265

Date accessed: 01st August 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Riddlesworth ".