Place:


West Tofts  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described West Tofts like this:

TOFTS (West), a parish in Thetford district, Norfolk; 5 miles NE of Brandon r. station. Post town, Brandon. Acres, 3,051. Real property, £1,138. Pop., 193. Houses, 36. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £200. Patron, Sir J. Sutton, Bart. The church is partly new and all good.

West Tofts through time

West Tofts is now part of Breckland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Breckland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about West Tofts itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of West Tofts, in Breckland and Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2262

Date accessed: 31st July 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " West Tofts ".