Place:


Wiveton  Norfolk

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wiveton like this:

WIVETON, a parish in Walsingham district, Norfolk; near the coast, 8¼ miles NE of Walsingham r. station. Post town, Holt, under Thetford. Acres, 1,042. Real property, £2,144. Pop., 232. Houses, 50. W. Hall is the seat of W. H. G. Buck, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £221.* Patron, B. B. Cabbell, Esq. The church is chiefly later English. Charities, about £500.

Wiveton through time

Wiveton is now part of North Norfolk district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Norfolk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wiveton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wiveton in North Norfolk | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2258

Date accessed: 28th May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wiveton ".