Place:


Lilstock  Somerset

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lilstock like this:

LILSTOCK, a parish in Williton district, Somerset; on the coast, 8 miles NE by E of Williton r. station. Post town, Stogursey, under Bridgewater. Acres, 1,160; of which 450 are water. Real property, £1,240. Pop., 71. Houses, 13. The property belongs to Sir P. Acland, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the Vicarage of Stogursey, in the diocese of Bath and Wells. The church is a plain building, with a tower.

Lilstock through time

Lilstock is now part of West Somerset district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Somerset has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lilstock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lilstock in West Somerset | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22527

Date accessed: 10th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lilstock ".