Place:


Fradley  Staffordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Fradley like this:

FRADLEY, a township-chapelry in Alrewas parish, Stafford; on the Grand Trunk canal, near Icknield-street, 1 mile W of Alrewas r. station, and 4½ NE by N of Lichfield. Post town, Alrewas, under Lichfield. Real property, £3, 086; of which £25 are in fisheries. Pop., 333. Houses, 77. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Alrewas, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church was built in 1861; is in the early English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with bell turret and vestry.

Fradley through time

Fradley is now part of Lichfield district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lichfield has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Fradley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Fradley, in Lichfield and Staffordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22494

Date accessed: 06th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Fradley ".