Place:


Ebony  Kent

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ebony like this:

EBONY, a parish in Tenterden district, Kent; 3 miles W of Appledore r. station, and 3¾ SE of Tenterden. Post town, Appledore, under Staplehurst. Acres, 2, 209. Real property, £4, 660. Pop., 184. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Appledore, in the diocese of Canterbury. The church is good.

Ebony through time

Ebony is now part of Ashford district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ashford has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ebony itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ebony, in Ashford and Kent | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22485

Date accessed: 25th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ebony".