Place:


Boulton  Derbyshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boulton like this:

BOULTON, a township-chapelry in St. Peter parish, Derbyshire; on the Derby canal, 3 miles SE of Derby. Post Town, Derby. Acres, 1,240. Rated property, 1,500. Pop., 224. Houses, 45. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £120. Patrons, the Landholders. the church is partly Norman, and in good condition.

Boulton through time

Boulton is now part of Derby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Derby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boulton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boulton, in Derby and Derbyshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22448

Date accessed: 07th March 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boulton ".