Place:


Kilmiston  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kilmiston like this:

KILMISTON, a parish in Alresford district, Hants; 4 miles S of Alresford r. station. Post town, Alresford. Acres, 1, 912. Real property, £2, 100. Pop., 193. Houses, 41. Downs form part of the surface, and have some barrows. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the.rectory of Cheriton, in the diocese of Winchester. There is a slightly endowed school.

Kilmiston through time

Kilmiston is now part of Winchester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Winchester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kilmiston itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kilmiston, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2238

Date accessed: 31st May 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kilmiston ".