Place:


Muchalls  Kincardineshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Muchalls like this:

Muchalls, a village in Fetteresso parish, Kincardineshire, with a station on the North-Eastern section of the Caledonian railway, 5 miles NNE of Stonehaven, under which it has a telegraph and post office. Muchalls Episcopal church, St Ternan's, was built in 1831, and enlarged in 1865 and 1870. Four predecessors - the oldest dating from 1624 - stood 1 mile to the S. Muchalls Castle, on a rising-ground, is a venerable edifice; and was long the seat of the baronet family of Burnett of Leys.—Ord. Sur., sh. 67, 1871.

Muchalls through time

Muchalls is now part of Aberdeenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aberdeenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Muchalls itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Muchalls, in Aberdeenshire and Kincardineshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22231

Date accessed: 07th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Muchalls ".