Place:


St Dominick  Cornwall

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Dominick like this:

DOMINICK (St.), a parish in Liskeard district, Cornwall; on the river Tamar, at the boundary with Devon, 3 miles SE of Callington, and 5 N by W of Saltash r. station. Post town, Callington, Cornwall. Acres, 3, 226; of which 100 are water. Real property, £4, 056. Pop., 862. Houses, 185. Halton here was the birth-place of Rous, the friend of Cromwell. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £318.* Patron, the Rev. F. L. Bazeley.

St Dominick through time

St Dominick is now part of Caradon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Caradon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Dominick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Dominick, in Caradon and Cornwall | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2223

Date accessed: 20th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Dominick ".