Place:


Jordanhill  Renfrewshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Jordanhill like this:

Jordanhill, a village near the NE border of Renfrew parish, Renfrewshire, within 9 furlongs of the N bank of the Clyde, and 2½ miles WSW of Maryhill. The Jordanhill estate, extending into the Lanarkshire section of Govan parish, comprises only 293 acres, but has a value of £4220 per annum, including £3000 for its abundant coal, which is worked by the Monkland Iron and Steel Co.—Ord. Sur., sh. 30, 1866.

Jordanhill through time

Jordanhill is now part of Glasgow district. Click here for graphs and data of how Glasgow has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Jordanhill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Jordanhill, in Glasgow and Renfrewshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22224

Date accessed: 25th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Jordanhill ".