Place:


Leadburn  Midlothian

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Leadburn like this:

Leadburn, a hamlet on the southern verge of Penicuik parish, Edinburghshire, contiguous to the Peeblesshire boundary, 3 miles S of Penicuik town. It has an inn, a post office, and a station on the Peebles section of the North British railway at the junction of the branch to Dolphinton, 17½ miles S of Edinburgh.—Ord. Sur., sh. 24, 1864.

Leadburn through time

Leadburn is now part of Midlothian district. Click here for graphs and data of how Midlothian has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leadburn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leadburn in Midlothian | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22200

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leadburn ".