Place:


Glenboig  Lanarkshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Glenboig like this:

Glenboig, a village at the western verge of New Monkland parish, Lanarkshire, with a station on the Caledonian, 2 ½ miles N by W of the post-town Coatbridge. It has large fire-clay and brick works, a post office, a public school, a Roman Catholic school (1881), and the Roman Catholic church of Our Lady and St Joseph (1880). Pop., with Garnqueen, (1871) 307, (1881) 934.

Glenboig through time

Glenboig is now part of North Lanarkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lanarkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Glenboig itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Glenboig in North Lanarkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22131

Date accessed: 11th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Glenboig ".