Place:


Ford  Midlothian

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Ford like this:

Ford, a village in Borthwick and Cranston parishes, Edinburghshire, on the left bank of the river Tyne, ½ mile W by N of Pathhead, 4¼ miles ESE of Dalkeith, and 10SE of Edinburgh. It practically forms one village with Pathhead, but it has a post office of its own name under Dalkeith, with money order, savings' bank, and telegraph departments, and a United Presbyterian church, built in 1851. See Cranston and Pathhead.—Ord. Sur., sh. 33, 1863.

Ford through time

Ford is now part of Midlothian district. Click here for graphs and data of how Midlothian has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ford in Midlothian | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22106

Date accessed: 17th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ford".