Place:


Dulsie  Nairnshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Dulsie like this:

Dulsie-Bridge, a hamlet in Ardclach parish, Nairnshire, on the river Findhorn, 5 miles above Ardclach church, and 12 SSE of Nairn. The river here traverses a rocky and wooded gorge of singular beauty, and is crossed by a bridge, which, carrying over Wade's military road from Grantown to Fort George, has a bold main arch of 46 feet in span, with a subsidiary smaller arch.

Dulsie through time

Dulsie is now part of Highland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Highland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dulsie itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dulsie, in Highland and Nairnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22080

Date accessed: 27th October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dulsie ".