Place:


Banknock  Stirlingshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Banknock like this:

Banknock, a collier hamlet in Denny parish, Stirlingshire, 2¼ miles SW of Denny town. Three seams of coal here yield large output both for consumption in the neighbourhood and for exportation. At Banknock House, the seat of Wm. Wilson, Esq., Rosa Bonheur was a guest in 1856.

Banknock through time

Banknock is now part of Falkirk district. Click here for graphs and data of how Falkirk has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Banknock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Banknock, in Falkirk and Stirlingshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21937

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Banknock ".