Place:


Wood Ditton  Cambridgeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wood Ditton like this:

DITTON-WOOD, a parish in Newmarket district, Cambridge; at the south end of the Devil's Ditch, near the Newmarket railway, 3 miles S by E of Newmarket. Post town, Newmarket. Acres, 4, 899. Real property, £8, 026. Pop., 1, 375. Houses, 265. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Norwich. Value, £250. Patron, the Duke of Rutland. The church is old. There are a P. Methodist chapel and a national school.

Wood Ditton through time

Wood Ditton is now part of East Cambridgeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Cambridgeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Wood Ditton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wood Ditton in East Cambridgeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2193

Date accessed: 05th December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Wood Ditton ".