Place:


Langbank  Renfrewshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Langbank like this:

Langbank, a village and a quoad sacra parish in Erskine parish, Renfrewshire. The village, on the southern shore of the Clyde, opposite Dumbarton, has a post and telegraph office under Port Glasgow, Established and U.P. churches, and a station on the Greenock section of the Caledonian, 4¼ miles ESE of Port Glasgow. Constituted in 1875, the parish is in the presbytery of Greenock and synod of Glasgow and Ayr. Pop. (1881) of village, 322; of q. s. parish, 575.—Ord. Sur., sh. 30, 1866.

Langbank through time

Langbank is now part of Renfrewshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Renfrewshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Langbank itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Langbank in Renfrewshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21880

Date accessed: 13th April 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Langbank".