Place:


Kingsey  Buckinghamshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kingsey like this:

KINGSEY, a village and a parish in Thame district, the village in Bucks, the parish partly in Oxford. The village stands 2 miles ENE of Thame r. station. The parish contains also the liberty of Tythrop. Post town, Thame. Acres, 4, 105. Real property, of the B. por tion, £1, 156; of the O. ...


portion, £1, 340. Pop. of the for. mer, 171; of the latter, 66. Houses, 35 and 14. The property is divided among a few. The manors, with Tythrop House, belong to Capt. P. S. H. Wykeham. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £250. * Patron, the Dean and Chapter of Rochester. The church was built in 1780, and has a low tower. There are national schools.

Kingsey through time

Kingsey is now part of Aylesbury Vale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Aylesbury Vale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kingsey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kingsey, in Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2183

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kingsey ".