Place:


Condorrat  Dunbartonshire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Condorrat like this:

Condorrat, a village in Cumbernauld parish, Dumbartonshire, 2¾ miles SW of Cumbernauld village, and 6 NNW of Airdrie, under which it has a post office. An Established chapel of ease, built here in 1875, contains 400 sittings, and cost, with a manse, £2600. Pop. (1861) 559, (1871) 565, (1881) 610.

Condorrat through time

Condorrat is now part of North Lanarkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lanarkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Condorrat itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Condorrat, in North Lanarkshire and Dunbartonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/21728

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Condorrat ".